Rolling coverage of the day’s political developments as they happen, including Theresa May’s Commons statement about the Syria airstrikes
- May reverses government position on Windrush immigration meeting
- Immigration minister’s interviews on ‘Windrush generation’ – Summary
- Theresa May’s statement on Syria air strikes – Highlights
ITV’s Paul Brand has found a mixed bunch at the Stop the War demonstration.
Tonight’s Stop the War demo in Westminster contains a mix of many views:
– Those who think bombing never helps
– Those who think the PM should have asked MPs first
– But also, those who think Assad is a ‘good man’ because ‘he’s a doctor’. pic.twitter.com/1HrBFg2An5
Back in the Commons, Labour’s Toby Perkins asks why the government is prepared to intervene militarily to protect the victims of chemical weapons but not the victims of conventional weapons.
May says the government is not trying to resolve the civil war by military means. That is a matter for the diplomatic process, she says.